Sunday, February 22, 2009

I have a dream

I recently attended the funeral of a friend who died of cancer one day before her 47th birthday. We went to see Mamma Mia! film to help Julie fund raise for treatment in Australia last August. Today I am listening to the soundtrack from the film and the last track is the song Julie chose for her funeral. It is achingly sad in that context but also a really simple and beautiful message for all who knew her, a kind of reassurance that she will be alright wherever she has ended up. Click below and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Gdyuz57M0

Something I thought about at the funeral when her brother who I hadn't seen for about 15 years said 'wow I didn't expect you to see you here' in a very lovely way, was that although you might not see some friends for years for lots of reasons, it doesn't mean that they are not always your friends and that will always care about them.

Yes, I am getting through my Sunday list but am slightly distracted, in a nice way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
As I grow older I remember my friends who died young and even dream about them; they seem more important or perhaps poignant to me now.
And music always brings tears when it reminds me of one of them. Especially my own Mom.