Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunny Sunday Morning

Oooooh yes!!! Summer is back today. The warm wind is blowing, the washing is a waving and the cat is out catching objects for sport and tasty treats. We are off to a very slow start as Nicholas decided to make us breakfast in bed this morning and then the grown ups feel asleep and were woken at the end of 'What now?' which happened to be 10 o'clock. A world first in our house. A grown up sleep in involving both parents, not just Jonty. YAY!!!

I am coming to you today from Nic's computer as Jonty is on ours and I wanted to celebrate in the exciting ness of a sunny day. I thought a day like today needed to be made the most of. We originally had plans with friends but duet o the weather forecast we postponed until next Sunday, so unwittingly we have a Sunday clear. For me this means a great opportunity to get things done, for Jonty it is an opportunity to do nothing...different ways of seeing the world I guess. I have decided to make myself a list so I can stay motivated and excited all day instead of sneaking off to a quiet place, if I can find one, to indulge in my latest book which is bewitching and addictive.

So my list
1. Find out what exactly we can recycle in our new recycling bins...they have extended the range. I find this exciting

2. make strawberry jam with the frozen strawberries I have that are looking worse for the 3 months they have been languishing int he freezer

3. Get all the recyclable stuff out of the house and into the bin

4. Weed the garden and harvest the blueberries...yes we have a very blueberry season this year...a first

5. Jump on the trampoline with Nic. We have been neglecting the tramp this year.

6. Paint my chair AGAIN, this time using the right paint. Sadly this means I have to wait another 3 weeks for the paint to harden before I can finish it. This is ok.

7. Prepare new upholstery project. Bought fabric yesterday. Feeling excited. Will share later.

8. Washing/folding/ironing. I know this is boring but it is a task that needs to be done.

9. Go to the supermarket and buy coffee

10. Cook a stunning meal for my family.

That will do.

Before I go I must tell you about the breakfast Nic made for us. It was so very cute and thoughtful. Me - an apple (not cut as knives are just a bit too much yet), plain yoghurt mixed with a bit too much flax seed meal....I ate it quickly between bites of my apple. Jonty - cornflakes and milk. Nic - '1/3 cornflakes, 1/3 fruity yoghurt, 1/3 crushed gingernut biscuits' I know they are not breakfast food but I was thrilled to think of the culinary future of that child. Fantastic.

No comments: