Friday, February 20, 2009

Just finished reading#11

I feel like I have been struggling to come up with one coherent sentence for my blog this week. I am being ground down by the weather which is essentially lack of sun and the 2 week winter tasting that is really nasty. It isn't freezing but my boots are out and I am not happy. It is February for goodness sake!! As this is a happiness blog I have to focus on the fact that while I took the day off on Monday to nurse an achingly sore throat, I actually knocked off a book in one day. LOVED IT! An aside to that is that you never quite know which day to take off when you have a throat/cold thing. Now a week down the line from the first painful days, I am thinking Monday might have been a bit premature. HOWEVER, back to the book.

The art of racing in the rain by Garth Stein - A heartwarming, if not a little tear jerking, story written by a dog called Enzo. Well, not a dog as such but through the eyes and ears of a family dog who supports his family through the ups and downs of relationships, family and illness. You can tell by the name of the dog that there is a racing theme throughout the book (if the title didn't give it away) and the analogy of racing in the rain fits nicely into how life has rainy days and how you need to manipulate your vehicle to negotiate such things. I just immersed myself in this book and loved it for its clever observations, simple style and gorgeous Enzo.

No comments: