Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Upholstery

Just in case you thought my upholstery love was a passing thing, I thought I would give a quick update on my latest project. Class started again last night which was nice. Some familiar faces and some nice new people to get to know. I am STILL working on my chair. It has taken a very long time. This is mainly because I have been painstakingly, with love, applying 7 layers of stuff to the bare bones of the chair which is basically stripping the chair back to nothing and rebuilding it layer by meticulous layer. I am loving that. I have completed the final layer and hand stitching and now the final assembly onto the frame and titivating will finish the project. Having just finished the stitching tonight I left the seat and back on the floor. Georgie got very excited by it and did thisand is now roaring around the house like she has the wind up her bum. There must be some old and lovely smells buried in the flock or coir. Funny girl. One day I might be able to do a 'before' and 'after' post.

No comments: