Monday, April 13, 2009

Just finished reading #15

Up a Tree in the Park at Night with a Hedgehog, P. Robert Smith

This was a funny, light read and I am not sure if I liked it all that much. I thought it was funny and I got into the subversive nature of it but I was really disappointed with the ending. In some parts it felt a bit like a stand up comic routine. But it was short and sweet so filled my need for relaxing long weekend read.

Here is something someone at a newspaper wrote about the book.

"Smith's writing style is sharp and urbane with a lot of comical twists such as: "Nothing particularly out of the ordinary occurred at the wedding, except for the fact that both the bride and groom wore Star Trek uniforms."

2 comments:

. said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog and thought 'how nice to find a NZ blog.'
I was at the Chch foodshow too but as an exhibitor on a wine stand so missed the demonstrations. Funnily enough though I think Ray McVinnie tried some of our wine (he certainly looked like him anyway...I didn't like to ask) and you're right he was charming. jus

. said...

Wouldn't be funny if we said 'hello'? I was on the Brown Brothers stand...sweet sparkling deliciousness. Did you try it?