Monday, April 20, 2009

At the end of the rainbow

We ventured to the big smoke on the last day of the holiday and spent a great day at Rainbows End in south Auckland. The park is much smaller than the ones everyone has been to on the Gold Coast which was fine because there is only so much you can do in a day and because there were surprisingly few people there the queueing was at a minimum. Everyone knows what a theme park is like so here are some pics of us having a great time.






Karen and I almost wet our pants laughing as we hurled around the go-kart track at great speed. Nic was terrified of the dark parts of the log flume but after a tearful initial trip round the roller coaster he was hooked on that instead. I think he and Jonty did about five rounds. I managed one but I really have to take care of my neck so it was one screaming minute of upside down fun for me.
Anna was a little short for some of the rides but attacked everything she could with great gusto. Interestingly Karen and I both agreed that as we have aged we have become less fearful of some things we might have in the past. Equally we are probably more fearful of other less tangible things as mothers but lets not go there.

No comments: