Friday, April 10, 2009

Holiday

Wooo hooo, we are on holiday. It seems to be our habit, to go on holiday at Easter. This year we are in the sunny north hanging out with our friends Karen and Justy. I came up late Wednesday afternoon after attending a very interesting conference in Auckland. local Government asset Management. I found myself in a foreign environment. Firstly, only 6 females out of 40 people and secondly, lots of engineers and suit wearers. Not my tribe. However, I did really enjoy myself, learnt a lot and met some very nice people. All of them had lovely wives and children at home. Very traditional bunch. Needless to say, I stuck out like the proverbial items of a dog's anatomy. I managed to hitch a lift with a lovely guy from Whangarei who dropped me at the door of Karen and Justy's in Warkworth.

Jonty and Nic had an epic journey yesterday starting at about 9am and ending at 5.30 as their bus pulled into the stop in Warkworth. After planes and buses, very heavy Auckland holiday traffic and insanely heavy rain they drifted off the bus to my waiting embrace. We all enjoyed a lot of chips some wine and a giant plate of tacos before collapsing into bed with dreams of a sunny hot day to follow. We are planning a beach trip on Friday (today)

Now, we thought it was going to warm up here but it is really cold. However, I believe it is LESS cold than home so a bonus, although thinly veiled.

No pics yet but I am sure I will have some to post over the weekend.

No comments: