Friday, April 03, 2009

Just finished reading #14

Random acts of heroic love - Danny Scheinmann

Some weeks I do more blog reading and writing than others and this past week or two I have taken a little break from the computer. This does not mean I haven't been at the computer, just means less time is spent on there. I think I am a bit tired and busy at work so feel like lying on the sofa in the evening rather than checking out the rest of the world.
I have been doing some reading though. Quite by accident I have read two 'homecoming' novels in a row. The first 'Homecoming' dealt with the homecoming of German soldiers in WWII and my most recent is set in Siberia and other places in WWI - this time written by the soldier returning home but with similar themes. The motivation for the novel and the characters are different but both very similar in theme. I loved 'Random acts...'! Two tales of men and the love that drives them to do the things they do are interwoven loosely in some way at some point...don't want to give too much away. I enjoyed reading a book about men and love and discovery. It also has pictures, diary entries and letters which all add to the texture of the book. I just wanted to keep reading it and found opportunities to sneak off and do so.

Read it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sal so glad you loved Random Acts of Heroic Love I just adored it too..A