Wednesday, February 15, 2006

travis

Just another day at work with a couple of meetings and discussions. Stayed a bit later than I meant to but got some things done which is always a good feeling. At home Jonty showed me some great video footage of Nicholas cleaning the car. He seemed to spend most of his time 'removing the suds' in the bucket by straddling then sitting in the bucket. He folded up like a pocket knife to fit. Very funny. I wondered why there was a pile of wet clothes on the backdoor step when I got home. I am guessing he liked the feel of the warm water.

Karen and I met for a walk between work and dinner. We charged around Travis Wetland in about 35 minutes. It is a gorgeous place to be when the sun is low in the sky and wind has dropped. Luckily there was wind as we were walking pretty fast and needed a breeze to keep cool.

My colleague Crispin Schurr designed an award winning bird hide that sits on the water there. He also designed the Parklands Library which was also a project of mine for all of last year. He was fun to work with and I learnt heaps from him. Passion for public spaces was our connection and I think we worked well together.

Now I am spending the evening watching the Winter Olympics which I love. I know I need to get some sleep but I can't drag myself away.

No comments: