Tuesday, February 14, 2006

st vals day


aaah, you know what it is like? The collective intake of breath as a busy courier staggers into the office, a pair of legs poking out under the weight of red roses - who are they for? Is it me? No, bugger it. Too embaressing for words. The smugness of the people walking to their car after work witha huge bunch of flowers - adored, publically outed as a loved person worthy of spending a weeks worth of grocery money on a pension scheme for a florist. Don't I sound like a bitter old thing? Believe it or not, I love any day that celebrates good and happy things. Really. I had years of yearning to be admired and adored but oddly enough now that I am in a relationship, it seems to matter less. Perhaps it is the public aspect that appeals more when you are single. Now it is the inner warmth of a loving gesture, smile or tender moment that matter more.

Anyway, we went out for breakfast as a family this morning. Jonty suggested it which in itself was enough for me. We went to our perennial favourite Caffe Roma and as per usual had a lovely time. Jonty and I had the hot smoked salmon on a chunky hash and a very lemony hollandaise sauce. Nic had a boiled egg with white bread soldiers. The whole event was pleasent and relaxing. Lots of the usual people were there including the owner Duncan's family having their morning time together. I love it there, the food, the ambience and total lack of pretention make it a timeless favourite. One thing I really love about the website is the 'events' tag. Duncan has links to other local website with all events and happenings around Christchurch. Even my beloved library is on there.

Jonty and Nic walked me to my meeting and then went off adventuring round town. The happened upon the Christchurch Provincial Chambers where they discovered the hand pump actually pumped water. I think they went to music for the first time for the year. I see there are grocery bags littering the kitchen, piles of fresh fruit in the bowl and some wine in the fridge so I am guessing the supermarket featured in the day.

I also bought some wine and some tasty treats of a platter tonight so I better go and start enjoying that. Enjoy your evening too.


No comments: