Monday, December 29, 2008

Summer is really here

Since my last post we have been blessed with the loveliest summer weather. Clear blue skies, warm wind caressing your skin (while watering the garden in pyjamas), hot cricket game in the domain and a late afternoon visit to the beach. The water temperature was inviting and embracing. Sadly I am at work right now while most of the city is holidaying. I am taking a day or two to clear out a years worth of ignored inbox messages. Luckily only 1000 messages in the 'too hard' basket. I am roaring through them as most just need another home to go to with not a lot of intervention or thinking. Interesting to reflect on the giant amount of work that went into a few projects this year. Spreydon library refurb and the 2025 Facilities Plan.
Good things about being at work while the world holidays
  • biking to work with no traffic
  • listening to my new MP3 player - bliss
  • listening to Radio NZ - National on my new MP3 player - more than blissful - Noelle now and anticipating brilliance with Matinee Idle after lunch
  • no queue at my favourite cafe for morning coffee
  • no interruptions - this of course for an extreme extrovert like me, will quickly pall and move into the 'bad things about being at work...'
  • interesting conversations with people I might not always have time to chat to at work
Back to the inbox now...

No comments: