Sunday, December 07, 2008

Just finished reading #3

Not really just finished, about week or so ago and since then I have been struggling to settle into something. I think I am really tired and needy. Anyway, I read 'Show of hands' by Anthony McCarten. Set in London it is written by a New Zealander and the film version had a couple of kiwis in it too. Anyway, it is about a bunch of people who enter a competition to see who can keep their hand on the car for the longest and ultimately win it. It is obviously a book about people and relationships and all the things you would expect from a single setting book. It was a a bit like a play, you could make it into a play. There is the sub plot of the owner running though it too which I thought was a little light and ended boringly, however, the whole book was an OK read. I got into it but wasn't thrilled by it.

No comments: