Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sunday Drive

When was the last time you went on a Sunday drive? For us this is usually a winter activity but last Sunday Jasmine was in town so after a delicious breakfast at Drexels, we high tailed it up to the Summit Road and went driving. The morning was stunningly blue with a fierce (unseasonal) southerly wind whipping across the hills. Jasmine took all of these photos. She has her own style which is distinctive and really interesting. Thanks for letting me use them Jasmine.
The hills of Christchurch are great. Hundreds of people a day use the hills for their recreation and there were cyclists, rock climbers, orienteerers, walkers, tourists and Sunday drivers dotting the road and tracks like small insects in a big landscape. I desperately wanted to get on my mountain bike and ride the traverse track, something I have not done for five years.
At Sugar Loaf the air felt big and expansive and hugely refreshing. We filled ourselves with lungfuls of fresh air and drank in the views for miles in every direction. It was great to get out of city and find some space and relative quiet.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a problem. You can use my pictures anytime :) The post of Olivia's party is so cute. I was not much of girly type myself, but seeing all those pink girls (and a blue boy here and there) made me wish I'd had more parties. I think I may have to have a party this year for my 24th. Yeah, I should. It'll be a good photo-taking opportunity.

OK, see ya later!

Anonymous said...

Yes you should have a party. Everyone loves a party...even a fairy party is fun. I wasnt like that either. Nic's party should be fun. Lots of activity. Hope I have time to take some photos.