Sunday, March 16, 2008

Party season draws to a close

Ben's 3rd birthday party today. A family affair, we gathered at the bach. Usual suspects, cute girls in pink and blue boys. All for the last Davis/Thompson party for a few weeks at least. Next one is mother's 70th in Moeraki. Something to look forward to...I digressBen was very underwhelmed by the gathering and took it in his stride. Not one for a great show of emotion, he looked passively at his orange robot cake as we oohed and aahed. He did make more than one journey to the 'traffic light biscuit' plate though, and I suspect pretty much cleaned them up. Happy Birthday Ben, you gorgeous little boy.
My boy had a less than fantastic day as a week of school obviously took its toll. Jonty and I have lost the plot more than once this weekend and are very much looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Things must get better...surely. I am relieved to see others smiling and nodding when I describe the new and challenging behaviour and live in hope that things will improve in the next 12 years. Having said this, that ratbag boy then goes and gets excited about goggles in the shower and produces a gorgeous moment of swimming practise on the floor afterwards. Little bugger

2 comments:

WRITING MOMMY said...

Good thing I wasn't at that birthday party: I'd have totally binged on those traffic light biscuits. :-P That was one cute looking gathering you had there.

And hey, not to fret about stereotypes. I didn't even realize "Mommy" was typically American. And you did have reason to assume that: I work for an American firm and have to stick to US spellings and phrases all day long (I'm an editor, among other things.) And by the end of the day, my spellings & usage gets all messed up because I was brought up on (a variation of) Queen's English but I'm enforcing something else. :-/

Oh, by the way, I notice that you blog about a lot of stuff that I love (kids, family, cooking - the jams looked mouthwatering) so would you mind if I put in a link to your blog on mine?

Cheers...:)

WRITING MOMMY said...

Ooh...a link on your blog would be lovely! Thanks very much. :)