Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fantastic and full on

What a great weekend. I love Easter! It is amazing what you can pack in to 4 days when - it is the sum being greater than the parts. I guess the themes of the weekend could be food, friends, family, kilometres and SUNSHINE! Nothing like Summer weather in Autumn.


Marie-Anne's gorgeous backyard

Yesterday we went swimming in an outdoor pool in the late afternoon and it was glorious. We went with Alex and Joseph and Oliver and afterwards sat in the sun eating freshly made afghans (biscuits). One of the many bowls/plates of food I made and consumed over the weekend. When you eat a home made afghan you know that you should NEVER EVER spend money on a packet of bought ones. They are an insult to your taste buds.
Alex and I also caught a movie one night. It was a bit mad and although funny, got a bit annoying and Woody Allen angsty at the end. I did enjoy being back in Paris though and it got my itchy feet going again. Not a good sign. However, glad I saw it.
Sunday we spent the day in Timaru with Marie-Anne and her two (of three) terrorised cats. Nic and Emma, the baby cat, spent literally hours playing in the garden. Both seemed unable to to tear themselves away from each other. It was rather exhausting to watch and I have no doubt that Emma slept the sleep of the dead that night.
Nic and Emma Nic on the other hand extended his great day into night, staying at his grandparents while we went to a Mexican themed potluck dinner. It was one of the rare occasions where everyone pretty much made the same thing. Except for the hosts who made an array of really delicious starters and dessert tasty things. The rest of us summoned up all of our creativity and made variations on the mince, beans and chili theme. I am ashamed of myself.


Nic posing at Port Timaru...he has just decided to pose for photos for the first time in his life so I am making the most of that for as long as it lasts
Caroline Bay - I never realised how lovely it was. Shame on me.
to be continued....(morning duties are calling)

No comments: