Friday, March 28, 2008

A quicky to finish off Easter

I still haven't finished my Easter post for some reason. I was going to talk about the food I cooked and some other animal adventures but my excitement about those things have wained this week now that the work routine has taken hold and the loveliness of family time has eroded a little.
However, here are a few more pictures of our weekend. We had a great visit out to Justine and Zac's house to see their lovely new puppies. German short haired pointers. Gorgeous puppies and even lovelier mother. Nic loved the puppies and spent a lot of time picking them up and rearranging them. I think they got a lifetimes worth of handling in one session. Loved the house and the farm and the location. A lovely morning out in the country. When we got home Nic spent all afternoon in his pool. We had to drag him out when he turned blue and get him in to a hot shower.Although we did heaps of great stuff this weekend, chatting with Jonty's family in the UK using the webcam was a real hoot. They are off to Dorset for a week. I didn't really get why they hooted with laughter after I asked about swimming in the ocean until I saw the news that night and saw there was snow in England. Funny how you forget sometimes that it is not balmy Autumn everywhere.

Quince jelly. I final rave about quince jelly. To me this is the most gorgeous of all the jam/jelly flavours. Not only is the taste unique and evocative, the jars of wonder. I can't even begin to think of a way to describe the colour. Quince jelly on hot cross buns mmmmmmmm.....

And I haven't even talked about Jonty and Justin's quick dash down to Warbirds over Wanaka or a whole heap of other stuff including the very cool onion skin eggs we made and so on and on and on.... I think I will move on from Easter now and think about something else.

No comments: