Monday, December 07, 2009

Just finished reading #26

Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - Stieg Larsson

Shame that lovely Stieg died. He is a hot writer. I so enjoyed this the last of his trilogy. It totally lived up to expectations and I can't tell you anything about it as you need to read the other ones first and I know you will want to read this and become an addict like everyone else who has read these books.

So to recap we have

  • The Girl with the dragon tattoo
  • The Girl who played with fire
  • The Girl who kicked the hornet's nest



And if you need a reminder, the books are set in Sweden...in itself really interesting, the main characters are a couple of journalists, a maths genius, some cops, criminals and a pile of others.

I read the library copy as the bookgroup one is in hot demand. Bookgroup dinner last week at The Crumpet Club was superb. Food delicious. Go there and enjoy the tapas and the puddings. They make the best desserts in town. Complex, refined and perfect.

1 comment:

. said...

So how are you going with your frantic social diary?
I've had two Christmas parties so far and I'm totally munted!
I used to be able to stay up all night and then still toddle off to work with no one any the wiser...now I lose a day at least. God, i hate getting old!!!!!!~!