Thursday, October 15, 2009

This and that

What do this




...and one of these have in common?




both are items I won at the LIANZA (Library and Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa) conference in two separate spot prize draws. YAY!!


A $90 bottle of bubbles should come in handy if we ever sell our house. And the two drawer filing cabinet (white with dark blue drawers) is now in the pool of office furniture which my team manages at work. Couldn't bring myself to scarf off with that in these times. Will come in handy for someone one day.


The funnest thing is that I only attended the conference for one day and was only involved in chairing one session and allowed to only spend time in the exhibition hall. All of which was great, and winning stuff is a total bonus. I also caught up with heaps of people from around the library world, had some great conversations, saw some kick arse RFID technology, AquaBrowser (discovery software), LibraryThing for Libraries (check that out), saw my carpet friend Richard who is just adorable, my mate Phil from Aussie AND I got to host Jessica Dorr from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for a few hours (hooning around in my car looking at libraries and laughing a lot.) And on that journey was also Claudia Lux from Germany, the outgoing President of the International Federation of Library Associations. Another stunningly interesting and wise person. Oh joy. The library geek in me is revived and a tiny bit overstimulated.

No comments: