Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Great Gatsby – another triumph for The Court Theatre | Cityscape

Jonty and I went on a date on Thursday and for the second time in one day were in the car together by ourselves and that in itself was rather lovely. Spending an evening riveted to a great play was the icing on the cake.


I love going to the Court Theatre as you are never quite sure what you are going to get in the way of stage production and direction. Being a tiny place, there is always a lot of thought and effort used in creating the set.I want to quote from a review as I am not a great reviewer of the arts....

"An actor-driven piece of theatre, The Great Gatsby has the cast on stage for the almost the entire duration of the production. There are some very innovative scene changes, actors playing several parts quite convincingly with a simple costume change or addition, and exceptional, expressive lighting by Geoff Nunn. The idea, says The Court’s artistic director Ross Gumbley, who directed this production, is to engage the audience and get them to interact with each scene, using their imaginations. It works"

We both loved it and having written a couple of uni essays about the novel it all came flooding back and I really enjoyed how they played with the imagery. $84 well spent...eeek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is even now a suspect as you did in the fall issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=xilisoft dvd to psp converter 4.0.96.1229 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you use the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg