Saturday, August 01, 2009

30 seconds of fame

A funny thing happened on the way to lunch the other day with Carolyn. We bumped into some friends of mine. One a photographer for the Press and the other a journalist. They just happened to be taking photos for the Zest supplement in the Press and they just happened to snap us. We turned up a week later and we gained our 3 seconds of fame.

So many observations

1. Everyone reads this part of Zest. I love it and look for people I know and pore over the details. Blokes read it and notice things.

2. Some people really really want to be in it....I am still mortified at the disgusting state of my pants. Need to take them up and in. I look like a hobo

3. Being 'famous' incites some fun communications and a few coffee dates

4. Your mates love taking the piss out of you - it has been a funny couple of days

5. Some people are very kind and complimentary - it is important to not take yourself too seriously, luckily I don't

6. Bit of pressure to wear nice clothes each day...eeek. I bought a pair of white jeans at Ballantynes Sale yesterday. Always wanted a pair and Trinny and Suzannah said I could

7. There was another librarian in the same section that day and another a month ago - good publicity for our oft maligned profession....tee hee

8. Never ever stand next to a tall glamorous woman in a photo...oh dear god...what a short arse!

No comments: