Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cleaning Sunshine

I went with my friend Alex to the preview of this film the other night, thanks to TV3 Film3 tickets I won through their competition. Thanks guys.Made by the same outfit that made 'Little Miss Sunshine' it has that same real quality of warts and all lives, not sugar coated and not a spangle in sight. It could have been a gloomy tale and although not funny at all, there was a feeling of hope for the characters. Alan Arkin was superbly understated as the widower trying to keep his family together and I was mesmerised by the two women playing his damaged but loving daughters (Amy Adams and Emily Blunt). There were some 'eeeeew' moments as the Sunshine Cleaning company cleans up after dead people and we are not talking drifting off in their sleep dead people. It was a tiny bit predictable but the characters and filming made it a sweetie.

I cried quite bit too which is unusual and that set me up for a big boo hoo when I got home and watched the first episode of the 'last season' of ER. Oh dear. I was pretty worn out by the time I went to bed, having expended quite a bit of energy crying for a bunch of pretend people. Sigh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sal I loved the film and the opportunity for a tear or two... thanks so much for the girl date love Ax