Wednesday, March 18, 2009

welling

Tonight after me getting home before everything turns, I got to spend an hour with Nic on my own and it was bliss. He treated me to a piano practice where he kept saying 'do you mind if I play that again to get it perfect?' !!! Was that my son? As he explained in his prim little voice and demonstrated the difference between mezzo forte, forte, mezzo piano and piano I felt myself well up with pride and wonder. After that he negotiated the last 30 minutes of his before bed time as 10 minutes of computer, 10 minutes on the trampoline and then 10 minutes watching a dvd he then said 'I really want to play on my computer but I would much rather have fun with you' and then he leapt on me, winding me...never mind. I know some kids lavish their parents with spoken love all the time but he doesn't so this was a REALLY big deal for me. He does say I love you everyday but this felt really nice. So, 10 minutes playing silly buggers on the trampoline was the deal. It was great fun. Then we harvested a large handful of cherry tomatoes, the very last strawberry and six blueberries before enjoying 15 minutes of Wallace and Grommit on DVD. If only every night was like that...but I'll take whatever I can get.

Sleeping sweetly now that little boy of mine. Delicious.

No comments: