Sunday, March 01, 2009

Parties

Every February/March my posts are full of parties - children's parties... and of course this year is the same. We had Simon's birthday last weekend (although he is not a child) and Gill and the girls were in town so our family gathering was bigger and better. Alas, I forgot to take my camera so no lovely photos.

Yesterday was Olivia's party and due to the unseasonal and grindingly lengthy patch of crap weather we were forced into the school pool for fun activities instead of the beach as we normally might. We are all scaling down our parties this year following the 5th party extravaganza of last year so it was just family and might I say, very pleasant.
Olivia's cousins Danielle and Kayla are just lovely girls and the five children play fantastically together.
Nicholas made some fruit kebabs to take along but alas they did not compare with the pink sugary fare on offer. They did get eaten but I think it might have been the adults that went green instead of pink.

I would have liked to edit and play around with the photos but no time...sun is out and we are off to the beach.

No comments: