Monday, March 09, 2009

5 favourites - Sunday

#1 Finding this website NZ On Screen. I found it while reading the Sunday Star Times 'Sunday' magazine on Press Display (#2). Those things coupled together made two favourite things in about 2 minutes. 'NZ on screen' has New Zealand movies, short films, documentaries and TV programmes on line. You can access stuff from 1950 up to now. Imagine being able to access all those fantastic things. I cant wait to watch the art documentaries and the short films. These things are usually hidden in the dark corners of the night that only insomniacs can watch and now everyone can. Very very exciting.
Favourite thing #3 would be the feeling of accomplishment after having washed down the whole exterior of the house. With a two year old paint job it was time for a good scrubbing and what a difference it makes. It doesn't matter too much that I can't move my arms today, really.

Although I am not a big fan of winter, I must say a mid afternoon autumnal visit to the beach was fantastic. It was hot with just tiny tinge of fresh Autumn in the air. The tide was high as anything and we did get a laugh out of watching people scramble off their towels when rogue waves tickled them up the beach. Is that bad?
Finally, collapsing into bed after a night of ironing and putting washing away. In itself nothing too flash but the bonus and 'favourite thing' was the smell and feel of sun dried smooth white sheets.....ahhhh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! You washed your house? I barely can get my refrigerator washed. And my house, well, that's a whole different story!

On a less humorous note, we went to the beach yesterday too! It had snowed Friday morning, which is late in the season for Washington State, and then stayed cold. But we went down to Illahee State park, a mile from us, and my son and his friend walked out on the dock while I sat bundled up reading a book. :-)

It was lovely though and always makes me wonder why I don't do it more often. One of the ferries passed by on its way to Seattle, a mile away, the sky was blue, and the quiet sounds of nature were musical.