Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just finished reading #1

Six Suspects - Vikas Swarup
One of the most lingering and enjoyable books I have ever read was the last book written by this author, called 'Q and A'. It is the only novel I have seen Jonathan read and he loved it. Everyone in our book group loved it. I loved it! Mind you being a real fan of Indian fiction I was a push over.
This latest book is much longer and follows the successful formula of weaving a complex tale of six different characters and the reason they were at the party at which the host is murdered - shot. The six people in the room with a gun are the suspects. From early in the novel we know this and through various methods we discover, over 400 pages, how each of the diverse characters end up at the party and ultimately the holding cells at the police station.
Although not as fantastic as 'Q & A', I really enjoyed Six Suspects as Vikas is a great writer, but I didn't LOVE it. Still worth the many weeks it takes me to read a book. Now I am on to something amazing but will have to tell you about it in the next instalment of 'Just finished reading...'

No comments: