Thursday, October 09, 2008

Book group

I hosted bookgroup this month. The way it goes is that the host buys about $110 worth of books, makes some yummy nibble, gets the wine in and makes a cake type thing for coffee at the end of the night. It is great fun and a monthly social event that I really look forward to. We had a full turn out at our place and it was a bit of a tight squeeze in our little house. Nic couldn't work out why there was so much noise - how could 10 women be reading books together so loudly? Of course there is no reading but lots of talking and laughing...yay.

However, we do talk about books a lot and here are the ones I bought for the group this month.

How to look at a painting - Justin Paton

The Guernsey literary and potato peel pie society -Mary Ann Shaffer

The Art of racing in the rain - Garth Stein

The other hand - Chris Cleave



I didn't pick any of these to read and now I have to rush off to work so will chat more about the books later in the day.

1 comment:

MtbCat said...

Thank you for reminding me to chase up the new book from Vikras..and make sure you read the art of racing in the rain. I have a copy if u need one. It's a wonderful story told from the dog's perspective.