Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Before I forget

I spent two days in Auckland this week attending the Association of Public Library Managers conference as a guest of my manager.  Holed up in Rydges Hotel on Federal Street for two days with no shopping opportunities or art gallery visits was a bit sad.  However, I did manage to have two delicious meals out so in the spirit of social media and the need to share everything, here are two recommendations for those in the area and looking for tasty treats to warm the winter nights.

Café Hanoi, cnr Commerce & Galway Streets, has been quite rightly featured as  Metro top 50 restaurant.  Very good value for money a well as stunning Vietnamese flavours, fresh and piquant.  I enjoyed a girly catch up with gal pal Karen. 

A very affable and chatty night was spent with 50 other library types at the Wine Chambers in the cute skinny part of the city.  A lovely antedote to the broad brash Queen Street at 33 Shortland Street.  the food was good but could have been great.  Another top 50, I suspect it would be better on a less busy Monday night.  However, no complaints from me.

No comments: