Saturday, May 12, 2012

Library Love

My love of libraries plus my love of Saturdays.  After an impromptu lunch of Donna Hay French Onion soup
 we popped down to Parklands Library  (not our local) with our friends Karen and Nat.  I have a deep feeling of warmth for this library as it was the first real library building I worked on and had the pleasure of leading the team  for a while.

Although I blanched momentarily at the sight of cake crumbs being walked into 'my' carpet as we entered I was soon distracted by the buzz.  Kids on computers and playing games, all the cafe tables chokka and the coffee machine screaming, lots of people in such a tiny space.  Then I ran into a neighbour from the beach and then a customer who I had served when she was a child at her local library...I was almost a child myself then and watched our children enthusing over books and excitedly running from place to place and it was just gorgeous.

We left with groaning piles of books mags, cds, talking books and even some homework material.  I love that little library and I love Saturdays.


1 comment:

. said...

I'll give you a clue... G'Day Cobber!
Too cryptic? I'm the PA of the Australian Consul General, based at the Consulate in the PwC Tower hence the awesome view! Next time your in Auckland please let me know and we can grab a coffee and discuss boots in far more detail...