Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Unplugged

We have just spent a fantastic week at our beloved Totaranui.  The weather was gorgeous and there were no cellphones, radios, television, lights or computers.  The most important thing to worry about was the weather, tides, and how to plan our activities around them, whether her it be snorkeling, rock clambering, boating, swimming, bush walking or lying around reading.  Didn't get a lot of reading done but oh well.  It was just the break I needed to restore my equilibrium. I am hoping this will improve my attitude and energy levels. Today I am back home and washing up a storm, scrubbing chilly bins, grocery shopping and generally getting sorted and loving it! Thank you holiday gods for giving me the sun, sea and summer we all needed.



 Nic and new mate Liam
 Friends passing by in their new boat plus Jane's unexpected family visit.  A lovely day at Mutton Cove.

 Camp food...bananas, chocolate and marshmallows in the embers...yeah
 Ella and Nic
 Fare-welling friends after lovely lunch at our campsite
 Windy walk out to our boat in the Awaroa Inlet as the warm tide come in. 
Cap'n Jonty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it ! Gill

Jasmine said...

Oh I miss holidaying at Totaranui... what an awesome place. Thanks for sharing your photos! Just gorgeous.

Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks anyway :) Yay!

xx

Sally said...

Looking forward to seeing you too. I do hope you can get back there one day. It is so worth the massive effort to get there once you are sitting on the beach in love with your surroundings.