Saturday, January 16, 2010

at the movies

I got to see the very well reviewed and acclaimed film version of the 'Girl with the dragon tattoo'.  Swedish with sub-titles, the ONLY way this story can possibly be authentic.   No substitute would work.  I was interested to see how they made a very complex and intricate book into a watchable length movie. They focused on the main story of the book and the key handful of characters.  It is an interesting and very disturbing story that was well developed without including everything or missing the essence.  I found some scenes harrowing and the tension was there all the time.  I loved it.  Great story, chracters, location and interpretation of the book everyone is reading and loving.  Excellent.

2 comments:

ajam00 said...

I read this book! I had no idea it was a movie. I would love to see. You are right the story itself is disturbing. Have you read The Girl who played with fire? Does it follow the same "disturbing" line?

Sally said...

Hi.Thanks for the comment, nice to have a new reader. Yes I have read all three books and they are all great. The movie is Swedish and I think there is an American one in the making but I think for an authentic version, you can't beat the Swedish one. You might be able to get it on DVD in the States.