Sunday, May 11, 2008

Aaah Mothers Day

So the sun has well and truly set on Mothers Day and unlike my post in 2006 I am not experiencing a warm fuzzy feeling. Why?
  • Nicholas was tired out of his mind and was a total s**t all day
  • I visited a friend of mine whose daughter has died and how shitty is that for her?!
  • Made a lovely orange cake for said friend and then bloody broke it...took a container of home made biscuits instead (and a stunning bottle of wine)
  • After hiding all of N's toys for continuous mis-demeanour's, I then had to ring a friend and bleat down the phone about being a terrible mother with no patience or skills...saddo. I have no right to feel so sorry for myself for God's sake
  • Forgot to ring Adam in England to wish him a happy birthday

Some good things did happen

  • Lovely new kitty cat lay on the bed while I finished a really enjoyable book - Bitter Sweets
  • Visited my lovely mother at home and gave her a lovely book which I hope to read myself one day
  • Ate beautiful free range pork fillet for dinner
  • Nicholas went to bed early

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day. I hope everyone else had a good day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't have a great mothers' day, Sally. I hope the kitty cheers you up. Does she have a name yet?

If it's any consolation you're a lovely mother and Nicholas is lucky to have such an awesome mum.

:)