Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy New Ears

Well all the presents and food are over, the holiday is ended and it is back to normal. We finally got home from the bach late on Sunday and I feel like I am chasing my tail catching up with everything. Work is mercifully quiet although I do have a lot on, there are no external pressures adding to the mix.






We had a lovely holiday and the weather was kind. Only one damp day and we used this to make our annual pilgrimage to Eastgate Warehouse to pick up small bach items and bits and bobs. I bought an outrageous top which was too small so will have to be returned but I love it so much I might buy the bigger size.



We had a very quiet time with only two visitors and a chance happening. I was hoping more friends would come over to share the fun but not to be. It was great to see my folks in the water together. They have an impressive set of stick legs each so looked very cute wandering down to the waves. They were the oldest people in the water and I was proud and hoped I would be the same - wrinkles and all.

Nic had the pleasure of Olivia's company for a day and night and was thrilled to be with another child, especially her. They played so well together and had lots of fun. Ben and his parents also turned up so that was another nice catch up and Marie-Anne made the journey from Timaru, sadly on the cool day, but great to have a visit and sit outside watching the waves and having a chin wag.


I challenged myself to take some interesting pics of the beach. I don't want my blog and more importantly my life to look like 'Ground Hog Day' although of course there are elements of that in everyone's life. So I tried, not very hard, to get some slightly different images of our time at the beach.



No comments: