Friday, December 14, 2007

Pimp my tree


I am up super early this morning because my time clock has no respect for my need for sleep. Although it is now 6.30, I have already logged into work email and knocked off a few, been to airnz to check for cheap flights, written an email to Karen and a few other things. I am focusing on the 26th of December as my next opportunity to sleep in and man, I am not getting out of bed until I am dragged out. Might put clean sheets on the bed on Christmas night so I can REALLY enjoy sleeping in.

Anyone who knows me will know that I love Christmas trees. Needless to say we got one last week and had to drive around looking for one and it had to be the RIGHT one. It is one of the very few things Jonty and I might have words over. Often not pleasant. Crazy I know, but we all have our 'thing'. So, we got the tree...gorgeous of course... and it fitted and sits in the lounge. As an aside, it is really worth painting your lounge walls red, just to see how really excellent the tree looks every Christmas, against a red background.

Nick and I set about scattering baubles, tinsel and the insane Chinese lights I bought off Trademe all over it and we had a great time doing so. We decided to theme various sections. Bells at the top...last year I planted them at Nicholas height so I could hear when he was tampering with the tree. The blue/green OTT layer is next and then red and gold baubles. Finally Nicholas' decorations at his height. And as he chose most of them, they are large and gaudy. Red tulle and gold satin were also draped around the pot. Sound bright, out of balance and crazy? Well, yes indeed it is. You just have to laugh at the craziness of it.

The darling, perfectly formed tree looks like a slut! However, it is entertaining.
Nic has pretty much free reign to play with and reorganise his range of decorations and he is using that opportunity to advantage. I often come home to a portion of the decorations lovingly lined up along the coffee table or the floor. The novelty is starting to wear off now and the call of 'Bob the builder computer colour ins' has won over the tree...for a while. Last night I wrapped most of my presents and have placed just one square present temptingly under the tree. I wonder what Nic will have to say. Could be too cruel to do that soooo many days out but it will be fun to see how he reacts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally

Your tree looks lovely

Hope you all have a great Christmas
and that Santa delivers lots of presents for Nic

All the best for 2008

Love Janet & James