Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Countdown #3

Well, this is really working. Not. I have managed to achieve most of the tasks on my list but the whole list thing has gone out the door as I have just managed to collapse on to the sofa Wednesday and Thursday after two very long and stressful days at work. So, nothing to report just a total lack of attention to my pre-Christmas duties. I still have a few presents to buy also.


The list for today



  • Finish the Christmas shopping
  • Start in on the ironing mountain
  • Start cleaning the house....
  • Watch 'Americas next top model'....I feel like I have just 'come out' admitting that I love watching this programme.
As this list can't really be tackled until the end of the working day, it is unlikely I will achieve the whole list. Doesn't look like much but it is really.

While watching telly last night all the standard Christmas movie fare was being advertised. Will it be the Vicar of Dibley Christmas Special this year?

So what do we have to chose from so far...
  • Shakespeare in Love
  • Bend it Like Beckham
  • Notting Hill
  • Love Actually
  • Christmas with the Kranks
  • The Polar Express
  • Meet the Santas
  • Robbie the Reindeer
  • Bad Santa
  • Santa in love
  • Santa Actually
  • Christmas with Santa
  • Bend it like Santa......and so on

I actually love (or is that love actually?) the Christmas movies. They are easy to watch, you know what happens because you have seen them 1,000 times before, the people are all warm and cozy and the decorations are fantastic. So, my picks are 'Love Actually' and 'Notting Hill.' Very predictable. Write your favourite Christmas movie in the comments box. It is ok to reveal your secret to the Internet, know one knows who you are. So share...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always always always Notting Hill -never get tired of that film!! Nor does Mr S.... :-) Give me a rom com any day and I'm in hog heaven..

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. I wathced Notting Hill the other night and loved it and thought it really was a favourite.