Thursday, September 20, 2007

Unpredictable

Thanks for your comment Guy. Very exciting for me to get one on my blog. Interesting what you say about the AB's winning. Remember we (and I use that term loosely), have managed to be dreadful at most WC events so I have absolutely no expectations on that front. Interestingly, whether we win the thing or not, everyone still thinks we are the best. Not sure how that works. I hope you didn't think I was happy that England scored a zero, I was commenting on the undpredictability of things. Anyway...thanks again for reading and taking time to comment.



The media drives me mad a lot of the time for various misdemeanour offences and right now it is some of the stupid things they latch on to. I was thinking about this as I battled in to a head wind homeward bound on my bike. I guess they have to say stupid things and put theories out there to get people thinking and debating issues but bloody hell. Saying that low ranked countries shouldn't be at the tournament is just idiotic. What is wrong with having severely mismatched teams on the paddock getting a whipping, learning how to be humble, being sports men? If you carry that thinking over to the Olympics there would only be finals. No NZ representation in the 100m sprint, no big deal. Nothing like sending some expensive athlete over there to run for 11 seconds. I guess that would mean only have one team in the Tour de France; NZ shouldn't ever even try out for the soccer World Cup. We suck, we don't deserve to even have a go. You get my drift?! If you want to build a fee paying public and a massive worldwide audience you have to have real teams playing. Dumb arses.



Don't get me started on NZ Fashion week. Actually, got myself started. Both TV3 and TVNZ sent reporters to cover the event or hang out with a designer for the night. They were both looking for an angle ...the same one. Diva's and tantrums...and they couldn't find either...it is New Zealand after all...but did they shut up about it? No, wittered on and on trying to be funny but being really really stupid and boring. Bring on the grown ups, bring on the journalists. We miss them. Will leave the rest of that story for another day.



And here is a lovely photo of Nic in his crown dashing through the daffodils - just to end this rant on a happy note.

1 comment:

渡廬.哲野的部落格 said...

This is a Marvelous Blog I've ever seen!

Welcome to my Blog.
my blog is base on images,
hope you can find some meaning on it,
and won't disappoint you
I live in TAIWAN.

http://guban.blogspot.com/

guban