Friday, October 13, 2006

the zoo





After a fairly uneventful but enjoyable flight to Auckland Karen, Anna, Nicholas and I took ourselves to the Auckland Zoo for the afternoon. Having seen it countelss times on tv the level of anticipation was high...that was for me. I think it is one of the nicest zoos around and since my last visit there has been huge growth and development. Nicholas and Anna were very excited to be there but I am guessing it was less for the animals than the novelty. However, it was great and our 2 hour whizz around was fun. We went mainly for the African animals which were well worth it. Being a Wednesday we were blessed with lots of room and empty space. I was particularly taken with the signs and displays and the conservation messages and got some snaps to take home for adding to my work collection of interesting ideas.

I'm writing this from Karen and Justy's place on their computer so not sure how the photos are going to go. Before I try that, I just remembered a funny thing that happened at ChCh Int. Airport...we were in the duty free touching but not buying and Nic was roaring around checking out the stuff and I heard his increadibly loud voice off in the distance yell 'look mummy GIN! I found some gin' . I laughed...thing is I don't drink gin but we have a tiny bottle of Sapphire sitting on the bench at home...made a good story for everyone int he shop to tell.

This poor lion seems to have a spot of hayfever...he is sneezing

No comments: