Tuesday, October 17, 2006

positive thinking


Home again after a great week of holidaying on the Kowhai coast. My next few entries will be about that. Nothing earth shatteringly great happened, just a great week of hanging out with Karen, Anna, Justin and Nic plus a weekend treat visit from lovely Jonathan. It was real soul food and I have come home very energised and relaxed.

Karen and I managed a couple of weekend escapades on our own. First visit was to the Matakana Village Farmers' Market which was lovely. Small, very middle class and bloody expensive. The photos on the link say it all. Very sumptuous. We did hoe into a stunning whitebait patty on white bread with a squirt of lemon. I bought some lovely blue cheese from the Art of Cheese which is a cafe in Puhoi about 20km south of Warkworth...it was creamy and delicious. If the cheese is an indicator, the cafe is well worth a visit. Karen picked up some shiney red peppers and a red onion or two. We tasted all the things to taste including some very grassy olive oil.

We also disappeared to the Ascension Vinyard for a girlie catch up lunch and ate up a storm and got a bit tipsy at a tasting session. Heaps of fun and highly recommended if you find yourself in Warkworth on a Saturday.

Out and about today I came across some things that I thought worth sharing. I guess you could call them affirmations but I detest the word. So I am thinking of using the terms 'thoughts'. Very original I know but I thought that by publishing one of these little thoughts with each blog, I might be able to energise myself and make some positive changes. Kind of like enhancing my life a little bit, you might like them too.

First one: SIMPLIFY... clear the clutter! I will keep you informed of progress in my next entry.

No comments: