Sunday, October 01, 2006

pheeew!

Life over the past month and a bit has been hugely tense with all the tension and changes at work. At last I am starting to feel relaxed again and am hugely tired. I just want to sleep but now that I have a new job, sleeping is alluding me again. Oh well, heading north soon for a week of R and R so will hang out for that.

Yesterday we went to Little River for lunch for Jonty's birthday. The main motivation was the Little River Gallery where we have often stopped and fondled the art with our eyes...yesterday we intended to buy some but it didn't happen. However, we did have a very relaxing time over lunch and lazing about, visiting the playground and generally chilling out. Got some nice pic's for the album.

Nic on the old carriage at the end of the Little River railway line

Kind of posing in the stainless steel hammock that was for sale.

The last few times I have been to the gallery there has been some lovely work by the artist Hannah Kidd for sale. I wish I had bought something as there is only the elephant left and it is $15,500. It is huge and the head turns every minute or so. Nic is memerised by it and would love to have it at home.

The material used is recycled corrugated iron, bashed flat and welded. I love the houses particularly and will keep an eye out for more pieces like this selection.

No comments: