Saturday, August 25, 2012

Don't stop me now

A few moments into the 'One night with Queen' performance I thought "I wish I had seen Freddie live', however by the end of the night I was rocking it out with everyone else.  And what a diverse crowd that 'everyone' was.  There were really old people...could have been 80, maybe...and they weren't old rockers just old people in old people clothes.  So that tells you several things
1.  Old people still rock it out in their heads...bodes well for aging
2.  Old people like seeing nice young men who do impressions.



Whatever the motivation was for the 70 year span of ages to be there, it was a fun and exciting night.  I took Nic and it was his first rock concert.  Very cute watching him get the hang of it.  Ear plugs were mandatory.  The cutest thing he said was 'are you allowed to sing along?' I said 'yeah mate, it's a rock concert, anything goes'.  Later I asked him why he asked that question and he said that it was 'Freddie's' performance and it might be rude to sing at the same time.  How cute!  I guess that is because he sings in a choir and it is a totally different gig.

Finally, you have to admire a guy (Gary Mullins) who wanted to be Freddy and made it happen.  10 years he has been doing this show.  Nice one.

No comments: