Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012 Day One

Welcome to 2012 friends.  I was going to reconnect with my blog in a more robust fashion on day one of my holiday 23 December 2011).  I was going to post a witty plot of the day and the musings of a woman on holiday.  But as is often the case these days, we had a kick arse stinking earthquake that ruined all of that.

HOWEVER, today is a new year and although I have no doubt at all that will continue to have shocking earthquakes, I am not going to let those bloody things stop me from doing things.  So, DAY ONE....mmm.

A tiny bit of musing, some shopping, packing for our holiday at our bach, some reading, entertaining and sitting in the sun in our backyard.  A pretty normal day in the life of us since Christmas.  There could be two highlights to this day.

1.  Iron Lady...will tell you later
2.  Another Donna Hay divine dish...it will be a close call. I made this last night and it was stunning in its simplicity and taste.   It tastes better than it looks. Tonight, with the chicken we didn't use I am doing a slightly altered version and am using a courgette out of my garden.  I am also wrapping the chicken in prosciutto not chopping it up so we will see how that goes.   Here is a link to the recipe. 






No comments: