Monday, April 11, 2011

Still here

Hi there.'.yes I am still here.   I am finding getting the words to blog is pretty hard when you live in a natural disaster Civil Defence emergency zone.  It seems like you just have enough energy to get the basics done but anything else is just beyond our reach.  However, I am starting to get it together and today was another step along the path.  Biking to work, albeit a different place, was massive.  Finally I have a place to work from and a rare day where I didn't have to drive from place to place for meetings.  The weather was most stunning as was the river.  I had a cycle lane to help me stay out of everyone's way.  There was even a little bit of urban mountain biking to enjoy courtesy of massive liquefaction and extreme earthquake damage.  When I got home the garden looked a stylish autumn shabby and there was no sign of my boys.  So on top of a great ride and a productive day I had 15 minutes of peace.  This was shattered in the most exciting way by a phone call from Stacey at Placemakers to say Phil or Roger will be phoning us within a week to organise coming round to FIX OUR LOG BURNER!!  This means winter warmth.  That is all we have been hoping for.  Thanks EQC, I have always had faith and you have not let us down yet.  This is all very energizing.

2 comments:

. said...

Thank goodness, you're going to need that with the weather turning colder! So glad to hear some things have an air of normalacy about them... I've just heard we'll be down in September at the newly organised Foodshow so hopefully see you there, x

Sally said...

Fantastic. Something to look forward to. It is a cultural wasteland down here. I am going to WOW in Wellington to hope Food Show is not at the same time. I do hope we can say hi again. I remember last year how much you enjoyed seeing the city. Not the same experience this time I fear.