Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Zumba

Oh yeah.  I finally got to a Zumba session and I loved it.  In a dark hall in a school in Christchurch women of all ages and sizes gathered to dance the night away.  With a flapping of bat wings and a jiggling of tummies everyone's inhibitions were set aside and away we went.   Not a midriff in sight. What fun.  I can say that I had trouble being loose, especially with my very damaged lower back but everything else worked fine.  Today my knee is a little sore as is my toe...new shoes me thinks.  Being an aerobics junkie in the 80s and 90s, Zumba was like a trip back to the mothership.  I noticed it was taking us all a bit of effort to loosen the hips but the spirit was strong and music fantastic.  Add that to the swimming and tennis in the weekend and I am feeling great, if not a little creaky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl - would love to join you !Gill

. said...

Hi Sally, I hope you and your family are all OK? Take care, Jus x