Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blog Hibernation

What with the perishing winter weather and the insane speed of our computer I have been so unmotivated to spend time blogging this month.  Not that I have a lot of readers, but I do apologise for tardiness.  We have had some sun recently but it just seems not to be in the weekend, thus the requirement to sit inside by the fire.   Some weekends I have barely moved off the sofa.  Not great.  However, I have been doing some stuff like a lot of baking and making great meals out of my many dish and cuisine mags.  I have been to about three films, the art gallery with Nic's class, QEII for our first family swimming training session. And to top it off,  I went with Alex to see Ray Avery, New Zealander of the year, talk about his life and promote his book.  What an amazing man with a great story.  If you buy his book 'rebel with a cause' $16 goes towards his charity, which is a free one if you now what I mean?  No donated money goes towards running it.  Everyone gives their time for free.

Three interesting things I remember him saying - so far (I took notes)
  • 'I have found my state of grace'
  • 'Pure love [of his wife and child, especially child] has healed me'
  • Inventors are observers.  Inventions seldom use elements that don't already exist, they are just used differently.  Inventors see a problem and go about fixing it.  They observe. 

And a very selfish note I have also read about 5 books that I haven't blogged either.  Let's hope this getting back on the bloggy horse will yield some more posts before the end of the month .

2 comments:

. said...

Good to see you back, x

Anonymous said...

Nice one Sal.. glad you are back into it, you have more fans than you think! Ray Avery certainly is thought provoking. I am reading his book and have promised it to Pete next then will happily pass it on to you. As you can imagine its a good yarn by a man who has the ability to acknowledge his hardships but grow and use them as motivation to achieve and then gift those achivements to humanity. I'm humbled just reading the words x