Sunday, April 11, 2010

Play

I know I have mentioned it before but again, being at home is such fun and I have so much more energy.  I have had a lovely week off with Nic.
We had a bus ride adventure retrieving the keys from Jonty who had them at work so we could go about our business.  Went to 'How to train your dragon' - in 2D.  Special request from Nic, and a very good choice I believe...the 2D that is.  No need for more, it was perfect just the way it was.  Great film, based on a book by Cressida Cowell.
Spent a superb morning in the McLeans Island park mountain biking with Ruth, Olivia and Ben which was such fun.  Did the groceries.  A rare treat and frankly one that should be limited considering the hammering I gave the bank account.

On Thursday night I went out for dinner and then on to the Carole King and James Taylor Troubadour reunion tour.  It was a work related outing and a great mix up of fun people.  Such a good night.  Dinner was at Edesia.  Stunning food, service a bit slow and prices special occasion level.

The concert was amazing.  real musicians and performers doing what they love.  Lots of wrinkles on stage (and in the audience).  I have always enjoyed Carole's music but probably didnt think much about her.  She was a fantastic performer with amazing energy and mana.  James Taylor was adorable and soooo funny.  Talented to the max with the voice of an angel.  It is great to enjoy music in a bubble and not be distracted.  I should do that more often.

In all a stunning week off work (although I did have to do a half day on Friday).  I love my boy even more than ever having had a week of hanging out.  He is such a cutie.

No comments: