Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just finished reading #32

Not finished reading this very minute but over the last few months I have been reading as slowly as a girl can and this has not been that satisfactory. I have also had the pleasure of being read to by Nic and Jonty as we work our way through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkahban. At any age there is nothing better than listening to a story. I love watching Nic absorb the story and his reactions to events and characters. Anyhoo, what grown up books have I read lately?

Old City Hall - Robert Rotenberg

Canadian set in Toronto, it is the story of a murder that leaves a famous radio show host speechless. Unable to or unwilling to? From there unfolds a wonderful webbed story that slowly unveils the mystery. Each chapter focusses on the case from the perspective of all those involved from both sides of the case.
I am probably not selling this really good book that well. I really enjoyed it for lots of reasons including the interesting and ever developing characters, the story and the location. My first Canadian novel! Yes, really. If you follow this link and you will find a much better book reviewers opinion. Is that a cop out?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was great! Zoomed through it and didn't really want it to end, really liked how the characters were drawn in detail and how the story unfolded bit by bit...