Wednesday, November 04, 2009

3 sleeps

Yep. Three sleeps until we climb aboard the silver bird and head for the warmth and brightness of the Gold Coast Australia. Yipppeeee. I am not sure I am going to make onto the plane without breaking into a gentle whimper of emotional tears brought on by tiredness and overwhelmed ness. However, for the sake of propriety I will hold it all together. Perhaps a few moments wafting through duty free gathering beauty products up in my arms and lifting the lids on smelly loveliness will calm my mind and remind me of the 6 days of baking hot bliss we are about to encounter. Aaaaah, holidays.

I am waiting with daily anticipation as I slip slowly up the library waiting list for 'The girl who kicked the hornets nest' (the third in the millennium trilogy). Imagine combining that big fat treat with trips to Wet'n'Wild and Tropical Fruit world. Getting to spend dollops of time with my eccentric and lovable father -in-law, hitting the shops and doing a bit of library lurking are adding up to a busy but relaxed holiday. Visit number five, it feels like a second home. Who knows, one day it might be.

Also, check out a new entry on 'places I go'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sal have a lovely holiday, a rest and lots of sun and fun. Please send my best to John, I love that he called me Victoria, such an interesting man I can imagine just sitting an chating with him. Enjoy your precious family time Axx

. said...

Have a fabulous holiday..and Tropical Fruit World! I'm green, as a kiwi fruit, with envy.
x