Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

I loved this film. It was very 'Woody' which makes it a little irritating and mildly unpredictable which are all good things in a film. I loved the setting of course which was shot in a sympathetic but not overly romantic way. The costuming and makeup etc were refreshingly spare and just how I love films. Of course all the main characters are gorgeous so don't need much enhancement.

Basically Vicky and Cristina are in Barcelona for the summer. Although they are best friends they are very different. One focused and on course for the life she has always wanted. Cristina is a bit more free spirited and doesn't know what she wants but knows what she doesn't want. They meet up with a gorgeous artist and all kinds of interesting things happen. All this with the back drop of Gaudi architecture and Spanish gorgeousness. Penelope Cruz is the mad but mesmerising ex-wife of the artist Juan so it is all very steamy and sexy.

As much as I loved this film, I am also very unsettled by it and felt fidgety all day yesterday which made it hard for me to focus on my work. Go and enjoy this film, especially if want to be transported for a few hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sal, but isn't it interesting to have something make you slightly unsettled and fidgity? Perhaps these are the snippets that change the "sameness" of our lives? Have you finally decided which character you are?? love Alex x

Gill@Tikouka said...

Sounds like a girly movie or do you think andrew would enjoy it too ... I hope it comes to us and I might make it my first post baby outing with some girlie friends !! Cheers Gill

Sally said...

Hi Gill
Everyone I know who has been to this has loved it. Need to go with an open mind and heart, so that should be no problem for you. You must see it.