Friday, January 09, 2009

Back in town

Phew! Back home after our 4 and half day holiday that turned into a much longer one. Thanks to the stunning weather we decided to just stay and stay at the bach until the sun let us go and the ocean bid us adieu. The last four days have been superb with baking hot sun and surf to die for. Taylors Mistake is a challenging beach this year with two sand bars making conditions on the incoming tide very interesting. It has been fantastic and I miss it already. The gods were smiling on us.

The sunset last night at about 9.30

Georgie came too and LOVED it!

Jonty had to go back to work on Monday but was working half days so could get back to us by 2.30 and enjoy the long afternoons. The wind was pretty busy whipping umbrellas and boogie boards all over the place but I think we might have dried up if it weren't for the breeze. Julian and Lesley joined us for some part of most days which was great.
Having gone to Taylors my whole life, I especially enjoyed the reunion of several of my contemporaries as we watched our children in the waves ankle deep in foam and boogie board leg ropes. There was a real friendly and fun thing going on.

Now I am ankle deep in washing, food and cleaning after spending 4 hours cleaning the bach this morning, now I am doing the same here. Same shit...different house. I am over that I must say. It is still hot and there is not enough wind to keep the sweat from my brow but there you go. I don't live in Gaza so a bit of heat ain't nothin' to worry about.


Nic found his boogie board groove and did this for hours and hours every day. I wonder what next summer will have in store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! Beautiful pics - makes it look like the perfect place. hope you're still enjoying summer in the deep south