Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just finished reading #6

For one more day - Mitch Albom

I flashed through this little gem in two days. I loved 'The five people you meet in heaven' for its sincerity and the gentle beauty of the story. Mitch seems to have a knack fro writing heart achingly sad stories in a really gorgeous way. He has a knack for writing fallible characters for whom you can feel great empathy. I can't really find the right words to explain how much I enjoyed this book. Essentially it is the story of a man in his 60's who finds himself in a situation where he gets to spend one more day with his dead mother and discovers the truths about his life that have influenced decisions and paths he has taken in his life and what brings him to the brink on this day. Sound heavy? Well it isn't and that is the key to the writing of Mr Albom. I highly recommend this as a quick and engaging read. Click on the link above and you will find a much better description than mine.


p.s. just taking a break from my frantic pantry cleaning and washing spree. I am still in my pyjamas at 2.15 but haven't had time to shower yet. Been picking plums and raking the rotten ones as well as sorting through all of Nic's clothes and getting them ready to pass on to various people and charities. I think I might collapse on the sofa soon and do nothing for a few minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, just stumbled upon it. your writing seems to enjoy positivity ^^ inspiring

Sally said...

Thanks for you kind words Silver. I hope you will visit again. S