Wednesday, May 10, 2006

weekend in Victoria

Many apologies to my family who make the pilgrimage to this page for interesing updates and find that I am being totaly useless at getting the postings done.

So, first thing Saturday I snuck out of bed to sit with Nicholas in the lounge being that he had been up since 6am. There was Pete my cousie sitting on the couch. He was obviously waiting for us all to get up and get going so we could head up to Eildon for the weekend.

We spent the weekend helping with the houseboat. It is on land at present getting rebuilt, cleaned up and painted. We did heaps of painting and helping. It made us realise how much work Pete and Lisa put in to getting the houseboat this far. Man, they are hard working.

So, we spent some time helping and then on Sunday we went for a spin the fizz boat around the lake, looking at the other houseboats and then supporting Keirran while he did some very cool water skiing. It was April and he had on a life vest and a pair of boardies. Teenagers. He was pretty bloody good for a kid who has been skiing for one year. We were all way impressed.

The countryside we drove through on the way up to Lake Eildon was gorgeous. Really green and pretty and it felt like a treasured part of the country. Much prettier than anything else we had seen anywhere inland previously. Lovely wine country. Looking forward to visiting again and spending some time on the lake.

Headed home on Sunday evening and I cooked up a feast and it was an early night for us so we could be up an out of there for our 9am flight. Took much longer to get across the city than we expected so there was a little bit of tension in the air.

I went to my favourite shop at the airport - Accessorize - and bought some pressies for my family and some things for myself. That was the only shopping I managed to do in Melbourne.

It was a great time with the family though. Love them lots and really enjoy hanging out with such nice people.

No comments: